19.9.07

Fashion Week 16

Paul Smith's line looks like it was done by a spree at goodwill. And in granny's attic. I mean that in a boring, eh way.


Basso and Brooke has such of ambiance of the 90's era -- in art deco. I thought it was quite different among the shows.


For perky, polo people, Margaret Howell's a hit. Loose slacks and soft plaid seems to be the trademark, gratifying the line.


There were a few pieces in the John Rocha collection that reminds me of the Rose Parade Day. I was involved with that sort of thing when I was little... hmm. The line was confusing, the drapings were beautiful but some sizing was nonsense or unattractive. You can see that in the back of this picture:

But for that model in front, I would remake this to more tailored cut, leave the sleeves to more loose, and give some area in the chest. Well, for me, anyway. This can look good on men as well.


The pockets location in the Amanda Wakeley line was bit strange, I don't think it was intended for the wear's hands to put in it. Otherwise, the flocks was deadly swooning. Loving this one:




Matthew Williamson has mix of San Francisco, hippie, and Indian theme! Such strong line, I must say. I stared at this one, unsure whether to like or hate it.

No comments: